So with this famous French expression, you can either fall asleep (s’endormir) or rest (se reposer) on your laurels!
S’endormir & se reposer are reflexive verbs and are conjugated in the following way in the present tense:
Attention: The internal data of table “48” is corrupted!
What does it mean ?
It means that you don’t have to work too hard anymore thanks to a first success … You can just rest and take it easy !
Here are a few situations in which you could use this expression
- You have been working really hard all year round but now it is time to rest and you say out loud:
- J’ai assez travaillé donc maintenant, je peux me reposer sur mes lauriers!
- I have worked enough so now, I can rest on my laurels!
2. You want to say to someone to keep working hard because success is not here yet!
- Ne t’endors pas sur tes lauriers!
- Don’t fall asleep on your laurels!